Monday, May 7, 2007

A Most Curious Case...

by Glenn Harkness

Okay, I would like to take this oportunity to come clean. I have certain… abilities. “Gifts” some people call them. I don’t talk much about this and I’m hoping you can all listen with an open mind.

When I was a boy I discovered that I am somehow able to view the past, present and the future. "ESP" is often used to label what I am describing, but I prefer to call it “Elusive Sensory Perspective.” Rather than seeing the future, it is like I am remembering it.

But here is the spooky part. What I am able to divine is limited, like only being able to view a certain range of the light spectrum. My gift is – and this is so hard - please do not think me crazy – my gift is… the ability to predict what I’m going to have for lunch. There, I said it. (And I’m not ashamed!)

This is what I'm talking about; let’s say that I’m out fly casting on my favorite stream. Maybe I’ve been out all morning and I’m very hungry. Suddenly, I am overwhelmed with a sense of “carne asada.” I don’t know where this comes from – it just does!!! And before I know it I am at Don Cuco’s or maybe that little Best Taco stand by the carwash. Scary, no?

Anyhow, I’m glad I got that off my chest - thank you Night Swim. And please don’t approach me to exploit this ability for worldly gain. I must use this power only for good.

No comments: