Thursday, August 23, 2007

Has Michael Vick Ruined it for the Rest of Us?

by Bud Shroeder

Ask anyone who knows me; "What does Bud Shroeder stand for?" and the first thing out of their mouth will be "Persian cats!" I love the darn things.

That's why this whole drama surrounding Michael Vick has me so worried. If I know the Powers-that-Be, it won't be long until guys like me are feeling the heat too! Clearly, the last day of tolerance for the noble Persian/Angora Fighting Cat will soon be nigh and what a sad day it will be. No more will the match pits and rec-rooms of our nation echo in the glorious cacauphany of sport. Forever gone will be the pomp and pagentry of these contests, the glitter and sequins of hand-sewn, four-legged costumes will be but a memory fading like a photograph left on a sun-lit window sil and forgotten.

God speed Annual Labor Day Last Cat Standing Trounament Winner, Puurr-ple Reign.

Farewell South-Western Regional Champion, Snowballsy.

Good-bye Grand Champion, Mittens of Death.

I will miss you all and the good times we've had.

No comments: